Friday, June 20, 2008

after a week away...

Apparently in my absence the weather was warm but overcast most of the days. Just as well considering I couldn't water. Yesterday and today were getting hotter. A quick check tonight revealed that everything was more or less ok, except the broccoli and some of the rocket had gone to seed. Still, I resowed some before I left and those seem to sprout (and there may be even be some carrots - yay!). Something seems to have eaten the English cucumber that I planted. Still, that means that I need - need! - to go to the garden centre for a replacement. A bit of cardboard had blown into the garden and covered up some of my collards. Still, they seem to have hung on to life. The squash and zucchini has germinated. The beans are coming up. Am I a bit to positive? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment