Friday, September 4, 2009

finally...another harvest



Finally - some ripe tomatoes (plum, yellow and cherry) and some patty pan squash! I even found some more raspberries.


I pulled a few more white beetroot -- not sure how good they are going to be -- and a cucumber.

Not too thrilled with all of it and intend to make some changes next year:
  • Grow fewer tomatoes, get them in earlier and in a sunnier spot.
  • Patty pan is fine but grows too big and two out of the three I planted only produced male flowers. Maybe see if I can get a variety that is smaller.
  • Dwarf zucchini - give up on them, grow proper ones.
  • Don't grow white beetroot, grow leaf beet instead.
  • The cucumbers have too many seeds and are too spiny for my liking. Look for a different kind.
  • The beans are too stringy to eat as green beans. I'll harvest them later but I think I'll switch back to runner beans "Painted Lady".

No comments:

Post a Comment