Sunday, March 8, 2009

Step 2 completed and planting list

Before the glorious morning turned rather surprisingly into a soggy afternoon I managed to complete the second part of the edging for my new borders/vegetable patch (excuse the blurry pic, I was rushing to not get soaked). Unfortunately I wasn't able to move the irises and some of the bigger things like I hoped to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next weekend; I am running far behind schedule and some things actually have to go in soon.


In the meantime, my potatoes are chitting on the windowsill in the kitchen and I added some garlic cloves in the hope that they sprout. I also had a seed swap with Karesansui-san where I steadfastly refused brassicas (I remember trying to grow them before in this garden, absolute failure, probably clubroot) and tomato seed (vowed to get plants to avoid leggy windowsill-babies). Suffice to say that a quick dip into the local garden center ruined the second promise - spotted a delightful tomato seed collection out of the corner of my eye which I wasn't able to resist. Along with my other seeds from realseeds.co.uk my planting list is starting to look impressive (and marginally unachievable in the space I have):

  • Serrano Peppers
  • Potato 'Mimi'
  • Potato 'Harlequin'
  • Mange Tout 'Golden Sweet'
  • White Beetroot
  • Aubergine 'Fairy Tale F1'
  • Tomato 'Orange Berry'
  • Tomato 'San Marzano 2'
  • Tomato 'Costuluto Fiorentino'
  • Tomato 'Red Pear'
  • Tomato 'Ildi'
  • Tomato 'Tigerella'
  • Onion 'Helens Welsh Siberian'
  • Radish
  • Cucumber 'Wautoma'
  • Endive 'Bianca Riccia da Taglio'
  • Climbing French Beans 'Cherokee Trail of Tears'
  • Courgette Dwarf 'Verde di Milano'
  • Patty-Pan Squash 'Pattison Orange'
  • Winter Squash 'Butternut'
Not to mention that I am still waiting for the delivery of some raspberry canes and I snaffled some very cheap blueberry and gooseberry bushes from Lidl. It's going to be a tight squeeze...

No comments:

Post a Comment