Friday, February 13, 2009

snow, cold and nothing doing

It has been cold and snowing on and off over the last two weeks so I haven't ventured out in the garden much. Once the weather clears a little bit I will start (hopefully). Today I collected some leaves from my bay tree; it's nice to be able to replenish the herb cupboard on a whim.

My compost bin is full now with guinea pig waste and vegetable peelings, so much so that I had to start another pile next to it. Must remember though to move the bag immediately to the assigned area - I left one just outside the backdoor overnight and it was ripped open by a fox. Must have been a bit of a surprise for the fox though: "ooh yummy, someone left a rubbish bag! Ugh, it's full of poo!"

Haven't done anything else, not even ordered any seeds. Must rectify soon. I've collected some seeds from a bought butternut squash though. Last year this method was quite successful with a Kabocha, more so than the expensive seeds I got through a catalogue. Task of re-organising the garden seems a bit daunting...

No comments:

Post a Comment