Here is my partial list of what I would like to grow:
- Green beans - pole variety (having found out that it is probably too hot here for runner beans...). I still have 'Kentucky Wonder' and some unidentified beans from the seed exchange at Earth Day.
- Peppers - hot and bell. I'm going to buy plants so will need to see what is available.
- Tomatoes - preferably heirloom. I will buy plants. I may have some grape tomatoes on my porch, too.
- Zucchini/summer squash/aka courgettes. I like the look of 'Romulus PM' or 'Sungreen' in the seed catalogue. I never liked the yellow ones enough to grow a whole lot of them.
- Patty pan squash. The 'Flying Saucers' in the seed catalogue look wonderful. I've never grown them before but I may really enjoy eating them.
- Winter squash. There is so much choice, especially if pumpkins are also considered. I have to say that I prefer squash in terms of taste. 'Marina di Chioggia' looks very weird but strangely I'm very attracted to it.
- Collards. I love green leafy vegetables. I also like cabbage. I'll probably try 'Flash'.
- Roquette/arugula. We can eat buckets of that stuff. Doesn't matter what variety.