Sunday, July 6, 2008

children of the corn

I showed my pictures of the lonely corn to tomatowoman@work. She politely asked whether I knew the saying "knee-high by 4th of July". I said No.

After that conversation I saw some sweet corn in the local Fred Meyer. They went in yesterday and seem to be doing ok. I decided to go for a close staggered row planting, to ensure plenty of pollination. At least they reached ankle-height now and have company in their misery.

I keep forgetting to take my camera but everything is growing like mad, especially the zucchini. The warm but not too hot weather and the occasional thunderstorm down-pour did wonders. Toxicfingers was very surprised when she visited. I will try and take some pictures this week (hot weather and dry spell forecast so another trip to garden soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment